Installing Beambox on your UniFi cloud controller is quick and easy. It takes just a few minutes to get started and will begin displaying your branded WiFi login on your chosen site and network.
Setting up your cloud controller
Beambox requires a cloud controller to connect to your network. This cannot be a local controller, or a cloud access account. There's a few options to launch your cloud controller.
- Use Hubox.co to quickly deploy a managed cloud controller in just a few minutes
- Self-deploy for free using the official UniFi guide (advanced)
- Port-forward your cloud key/USG on 8443 so that your controller can be accessed remotely
Our team are UniFi experts, so just let us know if you need help getting your cloud controller set up and we will provide assistance.
Beambox will automatically configure the guest portal settings, using the UniFi external portal server feature. After a successful login, Beambox will then authenticate the guests device on your dashboard in lightning speed ⚡️
Activating your UniFi integration
After signing up for a trial, you will be presented with the Beambox UniFi integrator on your dashboard. You'll need to complete 3 fields:
- Controller URL - This is the hostname or I.P that you use to reach your controller. It should start with https:// and end with :8443.
- Username - The username for an admin account on your UniFi controller.
- Password - The password for an admin account on your UniFi controller.
Once entered select 'Load Sites' and select the site that you want to activate Beambox on. Your guest control settings will only be configured for this site. Click 'Activate Beambox' to finish your integration.
Once activated, your WiFi login will immediately begin showing to your guests on wireless networks that guest portals enabled. We recommend setting your wireless network up like this:
Updating your UniFi integration
To update your UniFi integration, head to 'Locations' on your Beambox dashboard. Select the dropdown for your location and click 'Update UniFi Integration'.